Clandonald School


school.JPG


Clandonald School opened it's doors in 1929. At that time there were two schools operating in the community. The Public School was opened at the site of the current day Clandonald Hall in a school house relocated from the former site of Wellsdale School, a few miles to the east of Clandonald. The Clandonald Separate School attended classes in the Convent operated by the Sisters of St. Joseph.

Over the years new schools were built, and in 1968 the two schools amalgamated. The school has gone through many changes over the years. Currently the school is operated by Buffalo Trail Public Schools. Students from Grade 1 to 6 attend the school before traveling to Vermilion to complete they're schooling. A privately operated Kindergarten is also held in the school with support of a group of local volunteers.

Clandonald is very proud of the work our teachers and staff do too. Many of our students achieve the Ruthford Scholarship for academics. The children also take part in leadership workshops. When visiting the school, older children can often be seen interacting with and mentoring younger ones.

Our Seniors Fellowship Club is also housed in the school, so the students often get a chance to interact with this group, one of the key points on Alberta Educations 40 basics of learning.

Friends of Clandonald Sustainability Foundation 2014