St. Columba Roman Catholic Church

Church


St. Columba Church is part of the Catholic Parish of the Holy Name in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton.

 

The Catholic Parish of the Holy Name consists of the churches of:

·      Holy Name (Vermilion);

·      St. Columba (Clandonald); and,

·      St. Joseph (Derwent).

 

 

Holy Mass is offered at St. Columba’s every weekend, alternating between Saturday evening (7pm) or Sunday morning (9am). Please see the Parish bulletin for details.

 

The sign in front of the Church is also updated weekly to list the time of the next Sunday Mass.

 

From September through June, there is also Eucharistic Adoration and Confessions at 6pm on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, followed by Mass at 7pm.

 

 

 

Historical Overview

Masses were first held in a tent on the farm of Vincent Minisci, one mile west of Clandonald near St. Columba Cemetery. The first church in the community was built in 1926-27 and blessed on June 10, 1927. The church was dedicated to St. Columba, an Irish monk and missionary credited with spreading Christianity throughout Ireland and present-day Scotland. Most notably, he founded the Abbey of Iona, which became a dominant religious and political institution in the region for centuries. After nearly 100 years, St. Columba Church remains an active part of the Clandonald community.

 

Contact Information

Fr. Roger Rouleau, Pastor        PastorHN@telus.net

For Emergencies or the Sacrament of the Sick:        780.853.4745.

Deacon Kenneth Noster        780.741.3845

Deacon Anthony Organ         780.853.2709

Sommai Laurence, Secretary        HolyName.Vermilion@caedm.ca

 

Catholic Parish of the Holy Name

4620 53 Avenue

Vermilion, Alberta        T9X 1S2

 

Office Hours: Mon. – Fri.  9am – 2:30pm

 

Phone:  780.853.5161

Fax:  780.853.5177

 

Website: HolyNameOfJesus.caedm.ca

 

 

Mass intentions and prayer cards can be arranged with Finvola Martin: 

780. 853.2084


© Friends of Clandonald Sustainability Foundation 2014